Adsense

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Accentuate! The Party Game where your voice is key! Review!

What is it?

Accentuate is the new fun party game for 'baddults' and older kids, whereby you team up and pick an accent card and a quote card.

Your teammates then have to guess which accent you are trying to pull off, WITHOUT wetting themselves at your horrendous rendition of a Scotsman! (please note this is an example and only one of the many accents in the game) There's 30 different accents to "do" from Geordie, to Egyptian! of all accents.. personally I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off Egyptian without doing the "walk like an Egyptian" arms!!

To further the game-play, once the teams have chosen a speaker, they then have to roll a dice which depicts what happens with that round, the round is also timed with a sand timer which is also included;

All - All teams are open to guess right from the bat.
Play - Means the speaker must go ahead and try the accent and quote.
Swap - Allows the speaker to swap for an "easier" accent..possibly..
Pass - Allows the speaker to pass their go to another team member.


What we thought

Unfortunately I couldn't play this with my 5 year old son as he's just too young to do the accents. I also couldn't play with just my wife. It really is a party game where you can get your mates round, get the beers in and then try your best at the accents. I therefore took this to my workplace and invited my team on a lunch. IT WAS HILARIOUS! I didn't know my colleagues could do such BAD accents! They were useless! I wasn't much better but we had a great time playing anyway. 

GAME TIP# I must say it does help to think of an actor/comedian who has the same accent, then just try to mimic them!..  

Having the addition of the dice was a nice touch, it added a different twist on each turn and it was great to rid yourself of the odd tough accent! 


The Verdict

On the whole a very fun game, AS A PARTY.. it's just a shame you can't play with only two players.. maybe some new rules?

A kids version would be brilliant.. I can imagine it now.. Speak like a robot.. speak like a bird, a horse etc. 

Accentuate is available online for £23.50 which includes postage! Go HERE to check out the website, some examples of the cards and other news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment