Adsense

Thursday 17 July 2014

Back to school ALREADY!?!? STABILO Review!

So it's nearly the start of the summer holidays for the schools and for a parent who's rarely ready for anything, it's nice to think that at least stationary can be dealt with before my son goes back! I know it's a terrible thought, but the quicker I do the shopping now, the less I will have to think about nearer to school starting.   By then all the shops have sold out of the good stuff and you can never find what you're after!


What is it?
The Stabilo SMARTball


This is an ergonomic black ballpoint pen (0.5), you can see on the pack the image of a hand with the "R", this indeed means right handed, there is ALSO a version for us lefties of course! No handism here! It's really comfy to hold and if you flip it around it's a decent touchscreen stylus too! So the techie kids will love this too! 

My son is writing with this at the moment and he says it's very comfortable and "not heavy" which I guess is also a good point too..I noticed straight away that his writing was more controlled, I think the pens he's written with before just slip around his fingers.. this is pretty good though..

The SMARTball RRP's at £12.00.


The Stabilo EASYoriginal


This is a very funky looking pen indeed, which all adds to the comfort and control when writing with it, again 0.5 ballpoint, blue this time as it can be erased by the usual high street pen erasers. You also get 3 refills, which is great as you don't want to keep spending out on new pens..

My son also uses the right version of this pen and says "I don't really like the blue one, I like black better", I'm sure this only refers to the colour, he can write with this just as good as the one above. Personally I like black too, just looks a little neater. Very comfy though, a little gutted I didn't get a lefty one of these!

The EASYoriginal RRP's at £6.99.


Stabilo - Multi-talented Pencils!


No, I'm afraid these won't get up and do a little dance, OR do the washing up, what they can do is provide kids with the means of doing their pictures in wax crayon OR water colour! It says 3 in 1, I think the third is that it feels like a chunky colouring pencil. 

My son hasn't yet done a master-piece so I can't show you, but I will say I tested these and the colours (whether crayon or watercolour) are pretty bright and thick. Because of the size too you can colour large areas quickly. The colour doesn't disperse as much as you think it would, so you can still get the full colour.

A great set of colouring "pencils" for the budding artist, also saves space with the multi uses, however I am concerned how to sharpen them..I'm thinking penknife? WITHOUT the kids around!

The Multi-talent pencils RRP at £8.45.


Stabilo EASYgraph


This is also an ergonomic pencil, which also comes in Right and Left. Also very comfortable too and perfect for small hands as it's chunkier than the normal sized pencils. As you can see the grooves go all the way up the pencil so you don't need to worry about loosing them as you sharpen it. 

All these Stabilo products have my vote, year one's to year six, they'll be useful and help your little one write and be as artistic as they can be. These come in packs of two for £2.99.

Check out the Stabilo website for more products, information and to buy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment