Adsense

Monday 14 July 2014

Vita Coco Kids!


What is it?

This is a new kids range from the people who brought you the healthy coconut water VITA COCO. As it's a kids range the packaging includes a few cheeky animals, for these first two flavours a cheeky Monkey and Troublesome Toucan have been added to the packaging.

To also appeal to the younger folk, popping flavours such as 'Mango and Pineapple' and 'Apple and Blackcurrant' have been created. These are definitely healthier than the usual kid drinks out there, there's less sugar and masses of Potassium, (helps the heart and nervous system and is found in a lot of green veg!) so they've got to be good.. haven't they??


What the boy thought


Personally I've never really tried 'shop bought' coconut water I've only ever had the water from inside a fresh coconut, freshly smashed off the coconut shy, which is really nice; with the added flavour though, I was unsure what to expect.


I have recently tried the plain version of Vita Coco and must admit it is a little odd tasting and surprisingly not very coconutty.. I did a little homework and it seems Vita Coco get their coconut water from the young green coconuts which are mostly entirely coco water inside, whereas the brown coconuts have alot of "meat" (the white coconut bit) in them and therefore not alot of water. So, (I digress) the plain version was quite bland and obviously an acquired taste. I was therefore a little dubious about these kids versions..


The Verdict

My son has not really had coconut water at all, and if I'm completely honest he wasn't initially that enamored with these drinks, however he did ask the following night if we had anymore so I gave him another, I then asked him again if he liked them and he said "they're OK, I didn't like them earlier, but now they're OK". Just goes to show, these are an acquired taste which could grow on you.

So give them a try, they're available now in all the leading superstores. These are in the stores for approx £2.99 for a pack of four, which is pretty good for healthy drinks. 

Go ahead and visit the Vita Coco website for more information, games and to see the rest of the Vita Coco range! 

No comments:

Post a Comment