Adsense

Thursday 8 August 2013

Disney's Film Review: Planes

The Film!

Right from the start the film 'takes off' with the hero flying with a couple of fighter planes accompanied by a fantastic track by Mark Holman ('Nothing Can Stop Me Now'). Invigorating stuff and looked superb in 3D, it never ceases to amaze me at how smooth and colourful these new Disney films are. The faces have so much character, but they're just planes!!?

The storyline is simple, but exciting and easy to follow - which kids and big kids alike will appreciate.

Not to ruin the story for everyone it's about a plane who wants to be a racer.. and the trials and tribulations he goes through to live his dream.

One thing which did surprise me was that the more well known actors were in the background or only had small parts, i,e. The lovely Teri Hatcher playes a cute forklift truck mechanic called 'Dottie', I was suprised she wasn't used as the love interest! Simply madness! Val Kilmer was also in the cast, however sadly only had a few minutes screen time as the slick Fighter plane called 'Echo'..or was he 'Bravo'?...




John Cleese probably had the longest on screen of the famous people I know, playing a British racing plane called 'Bulldog', very funny as per usual, one of my top three geniuses ('Milligan, Cleese, Everett. Sessions.')

I expected to see a few of the 'Cars' cast in the crowds or some kind of amusing scene with the much loved tow truck Mater. As far as I could spy, the only cameo was from the tractor 'cows', however I was pretty engrosed, doing my best to take it all in, so I easily may have missed them.


What the boy thought..

We dressed him up in his Finn Missile (Cars 2) t-shirt which is blue which has a face on it. The moment he saw Brent Mustangberger, "thats the car on my top"..'Yes, shhh!" I said; that was all I heard from him, the entire film, apart from a few giggles and laughs. He was totally engrosed! My son is known for having 'Ants in his pants' but through this he was very still and enjoyed every moment. *SPOILER ALERT* His favorite bit was when one plane was singing to another plane, very funny! So much character in those faces!
My Son also keeps quoting Mr Cleese, 'I'm don't cry, I'm British!' He thought it was 'wicked' and wanted to watch it again! 

Like me I'm sure you'd like to download the following: There's fun puzzles, games and colouring in for your little ones! Click HERE!



Oh Dear, Daddy bought stuff..

My Son MUST have loved the film as the next day we were in the Disney Store and he ran straight over to where the 'Planes' toys were; here's what Daddy had to buy!


And I'm sure this won't be the last lot I buy either!





The Final Verdict

Amazing as ever, Disney have done it again, I'm sure they'll be battling with their own range of 'Cars' products with sales figures. I can't wait for the sequel!.. 'Planes - Fire & Rescue'!




Get yerself to your local Cinema ASAP, and watch it in 3D, I've never been a fan of 3D, but it looks amazing! And you get to see yer kids in silly glasses!

<<<<<<

All the best, much love!






No comments:

Post a Comment