Adsense

Friday 4 September 2015

Dice Masters Yu Gi Oh! Edition! Review!

YU GI OH DICE MASTERS SERIES ONE STARTER SET by WizKids
What is it?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Is the Dice Masters adapted version of the now classic dice battle system!

This game and other editions of it have been around for a while, but I've never managed to get round to playing them. 

Therefore, in light of the very soon release of the newest version of the game: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron I've very kindly been provided with the Yu Gi Oh! Version of this dice combat game.

What I thought

So, I've had to learn and play this from scratch. The rules and instructions at first seem a little complicated, however I had a colleague show me how to play and it's a really quite easy to play once you get used to it (like everything new I guess!), you just need to get your head around the layout of the rounds, it's quite a clever system which can be mixed and matched with the other versions, including the newest aforementioned Age of Ultron!
I'd say this game would be best suited from teenagers to adults, I tried playing with my 6 year old who is usually quite good at learning new and complex games, but this was a little beyond him. As above in the photo though the age range is about right from 14 years plus.

I need to find some more players for this game and can see myself playing with colleagues at work! Games can be as quick as 15 minutes so are really good fun, especially when you can get enough energy and manage to knock out a player!

You can buy tons of expansion packs which have more character dice, character cards and action cards. You can also mix and match the games too as they all work with the same system, so you could have DC characters up against Marvel! 

If you like this review and the Dice Masters system, do check out the newest version of the game, LOOKS AWESOME!:

 

The Verdict!

An awesome game for the Geeks or dice game lovers too, collect-ability is amazing too! A really clever system and great last-ability!

I would prefer if two sets of the game mats were included as they really help with playing the game, with the helpful hints and keeping the dice tidy. These by the way are really nicely designed with great graphics. The cards are also great and I stated above about collect-ability, I'm sure there's people out there buying all these just so they can say they have them all! 

Go get this game now from Amazon.co.uk and get battling! At approx £14.99 you can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment