Adsense

Monday 20 October 2014

NEWS #BoardGameClub Halloween Spooky Special!


Welcome to another edition of my review of one of my favourite nights of the month! I love my family but it's great to get out an meet new people, from the games industry as well as everyone else!

These are the games I had the pleasure of playing on Thursday evening!

Frankensteins Bodies By Rollin' Dice - 

Firstly I sat down at the main table to a great and simple looking game, from the look of the board I thought this was a case of collecting pieces of bodies and putting them all together.. I was right, but also very wrong. For what initially looked like a simple game there are so many rules and regulations.


Basically you have to make up, or get as close as you can to completing 2 perfect bodies. 

The way you go about it though is a little confusing to say the least; with colour coded parts, male and female, steel, rebound, infect, disinfect. 

Don't get me wrong, after a few games I'm sure I'd get it.. NOT for the feint hearted OR if you're a thicko like me! If however you like strategy card games, then I'd say go for it!

Frankensteins Bodies is available via their website for £35.00 plus postage. 


Zombie 15' - 

Sitting down to this next game got me excited and reminded me of the short stint of Warhammer games I had as a teenager! See in the picture below, you'll see the board and pieces are akin to the Warhammer games. 
This game however is so much simpler than those! They can also be made even simpler for younger or simpler folk (like moi!)

Using a combination of moves of which you can take 4, be them move to another board, use a weapon, knock down a single Zombie with your fists, enter a building or search a building you can get around the board pretty quickly and have a brilliant and simple game.

The aim is to search buildings for keys to flee the city, there are several boards with images of buildings and roads which create the scenario, and you make your way through the scenarios and work as a team to survive with the help of the other players.

There's the added scariness of a spooky soundtrack with freaky music and at certain times a growl of a zombie, which in the game means you have to draw a zombie card which could have up to 5 (i think) or a HORDE of zombies added to the board where the person who's turn it is. VERY scary! 

The 15' is how many minutes to each game which is great as I hate having massively long games, they just get a bit boring. Because you only have 15 minutes to find the key in a building on zombie infested streets and exit the city, moving around is a little hectic. Hectic being said in a good way, they are zombies you're trying to kill and run away from after all! So much fun though!!

Zombie 15' is available in stores now and on Amazon.co.uk for £41.99! Bear in mind you get 100 minatures in the box, and would be brilliant if painted! 

In a bind -


Oh my goodness, seriously! Twister eat your heart out!! This game is brilliant! 

Funded by Kickstarter, which I'm so gutted to have missed, instead of a spinner like in twister, the instructions are on the cards, and let me tell you, raising my hand while touching my face, with my finger on my mouth and one finger on my armpit is VERY difficult! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

Each player on their turn, takes a card from the top of the pack and does what it says on the cards and, like twister, must keep the same 'pose' and also add to the pose when they draw another card. The winner is the "last man standing", if you drop a card or unable to keep a previous pose then you're out!

In a bind is only currently available if you were a 'Pledger' but keep an eye out for this game!! Sure to be on every child's Christmas or birthday list!


In light of the spooky night, there were two funky cocktails on offer! See below for the recipes!


This is the Frankenstein Bodies cocktail!


Other games which I was not lucky enough to sample, but were also there on the night included:

Shout - A simple family game of finding the link between the pictures on a card and shouting out the answer before the timer runs out!


Moustache Smash - It's snap, using moustaches! 


Think Words! - Not sure how this one works but looks pretty fun! 

Monopoly: The walking Dead Edition -

Scotland Yard - 


Pandemic - 

Zombicide - 


Stay Tuned for the Christmas Special!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment