Adsense

Friday 13 September 2013

Griffin No.2 Pencil Stylus & Griffin SeeSaw iPad Stand

What?



The pencil stylus is just that, with a difference. It looks just like a pencil, has the nifty hexagonal design you remember from your school days and even has an imitation rubber on the end (which was always useless and made your homework PINK!) ANYWAY! This looks fantastic and the weight of it feels great in the hand. At the pointy end there isn't a point..no..because that would be silly! And scratch your tablet! There is instead a small ball of rubber (GENIUS I hear you say!). 

The SeeSaw stand fits the iPad (Gen 2,3 & 4) and is made of a soft rubber, but is extremely robust and sturdy. It has all the holes you need for the camera, volume buttons and hold button. 




Do they work?

The stylus has pro's and con's which I'll go into in a moment but this essentially works; the design and weight make holding the pencil very comfy and the rubber ball on the end does the job of enabling the user to write. 


The iPad stand can be used landscape or portrait, naturally with pro's and con's which again, you need to keep reading for! It also has a nifty handle moulded into the rear for easy portability.


The Good and the Bad

The Stylus:

GOOD: The weight and feel lets you know you got your money's worth. The hexagonal sides stop it from annoyingly rolling under the sofa. As its shaped like a pencil you can hold it...like a pencil, not like some of the other tiny styluses out there. 

BAD: Now, I don't believe you should need to put a ton of pressure on a pencil to draw something. Unfortunately you do with this. With my son as the guinea pig and we are forever telling him that when he writes he only needs to push lightly, therefore using this kind of defeats the object. This may be just me but when I use my finger I only need to stroke the screen and I've drawn something. If only this stylus could do that too. 

The SeeSaw:

GOOD: As I pointed out earlier this is very robust and fantastic if you want to watch films, watching 'Cars' was "well good", playing games "Angry Birds..YESSSSSSS" or for learning "C.A.T, CAT". 
I can really see this possibly being used in classrooms where a few kids can gather round to use various apps. The fact it is sturdy landscape and portrait is a great feature. There are so many cases out at the moment which collapse when you apply a little pressure to the screen. 

Your iPad will fit very snugly indeed and as mentioned above all the various buttons and camera holes are perfectly formed so you can get to anything you need.  

BAD: The first thing I noticed was the SeeSaw's size, it's a tad bulky and a little hard to store. The next thing I noticed was how awkward it was to get the iPad into the case, to be honest I thought I was going to snap the iPad in half before I managed to wiggle it into the case, taking it out was even scarier! (the iPad is my wife's! Hence the nervousness!)
When sitting down you can't sit this on your lap as the screen is at an angle which might hurt your neck, HOWEVER I did then read in bed and leaning back on my pillow made reading fine. 

The Verdict:

If you know how these products work and know exactly what you want to do with them, they are really innovative and easy to use, if you don't; they're still good but with everything, have their faults.

How much?!:

The Griffin SeeSaw iPad Stand retails at £29.99 and 

The Griffin No.2 Pencil Stylus retails at £19.99. 


Please see my other reviews! 

No comments:

Post a Comment