Adsense

Friday 10 July 2015

Secret Cinema Presents SW The Empire Strikes Back, FLIPPIN' Awesome!!!



What is it?

To say it's an experience would be SUCH an understatement! Every Star Wars fans' wet dream, it's an immersive experience which has all bases covered.

What I thought

Well, I just summed it up in the first paragraph above, it's amazing!!
Kyle Katarn

Basically EVERYONE is in costume and if you ain't..well, just make sure you're in costume or you might feel a little silly.. put it this way, I went as a kind of Kyle Katarn Jedi and had my trousers over my boots, and when I got to the line to start the experience I actually felt silly as I had to shuffle and put my boots over my trousers.

It really helps if you're part of a small group of mates, as there are several characters you can take part as.

The above really is the first step, even before you get to the actual night, you need to log into a special site, receive your Star Wars name and then SHOP for your costume, yes, they have their own shop in London, it's AWESOME!! (Take note I'll be using that word quite a bit during this review!)

Anyway, back to the night, talk about suspense! Shoved into a tunnel expecting goodness knows what, then you travel to a planet!! And it's the first stop of submersion and you have several tasks you can partake in, I WISH I could tell you more about them.

Well, then you move on to somewhere else and it's even MORE interesting, and yes, AWESOME! this is where I welled up nearly 3 times..just totally REAL looking, it's the only way I could describe it! 

The actors are amazing and require so much credit as it's them who really made it 'real'!

There is a finale, but again I can't say anything about that either :( and then of course you finish the night off watching the film. Now I heard this was an anticlimax of the evening, TOTAL LIES, it's brilliant too!!

Slight Cons

OK, so these are extremely minor but could have made my night even more special :) :

  • The cocktails could have been more inventive.. no blue milk?
  • Merchandise was only a tiny stall, I would have expected a TON of Star Wars gear to purchase.. :(

The Verdict

Ok, so this review might be a tad biased as I LOVE Star Wars, BUT, if anyone has a partner that isn't it would be an amazing event to introduce them to the world, there's so much to do!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

The show is running NOW and runs until 27th September!
Go get tickets NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment